Closed Thread
Page 1 of 41 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

SPOILER thread for A Game of Thrones Read

Welcome to A Read of Ice and Fire!

Discussion regarding the chapters covered in Leigh Butler's A Read of Ice and Fire: A Game of Thrones, Part 1 should be centered in this thread. For non-spoiler discussion, jump into the post thread linked above.

Thanks!

And we're off

Not too much spoilery stuff to discuss. Antler = Baratheon, of course.

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by RobMRobM View Post
    Not too much spoilery stuff to discuss. Antler = Baratheon, of course.

Rob
    Also - Jon Snow "hearing" Ghost, when Ghost never makes any sound, ever.

Nice point, that.

Also, as shalter pointed out in thread, there is discussion of Valyrian steel and how it is made with spells. Implies magic without discussing it.

I'm just trying to figure out how to post on the forum. How do you cite a post to respond to it?

Why did I have to sign in on the forum again, after signing in on the main page? Is that common or part of the buggy system?

And as someone pointed out in the article's comments, this is a "nice" Stark family outing. It's pretty much all downhill from here.... :-D

Quote Originally Posted by Tektonica View Post
    Why did I have to sign in on the forum again, after signing in on the main page? Is that common or part of the buggy system?
    We're trying to fix that. Fingers crossed we'll get it worked out next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Irene View Post
    We're trying to fix that. Fingers crossed we'll get it worked out next week.
    Thanks Irene! Looks like I found the way to include a quote....I'll try it and see.....

Guess this "read" is coming at a good time: I'd forgotten the direwolf was killed by an antler wound. Interesting omen considering I wouldn't say it's House Baratheon
    that ends up being responsible for the fall of House Stark. Unless you count
    Cersei as a Baratheon I guess, but that's a bit of a stretch I think.

I'm happy they created this spoiler thread, it's a shame so few people seem to understand the concept. Tektonica, I know you think the Malazan re-read
    is hampered by the reluctance of people to spoil major plot points but I prefer
    that to what I'm seeing on the read thread so far. (Although I see wetlandernw
    is trying to clue people in )

I'm happy they created this spoiler thread, it's a shame so few people seem to understand the concept. Tektonica, I know you think the Malazan re-read is hampered by the reluctance of people to spoil major plot points but I prefer that to what I'm seeing on the read thread so far. (Although I see wetlandernw is trying to clue people in )
    Hello HArai,

I think Leigh's stated request to not discuss spoilers makes GoT a completely different animal from Malazan. That plus it is a READ not a REread....so I certainly do respect her wishes. Unfortunately, it seems like a few do not. I do think it's hard to not comment without innuendo, except to say, "nice job".....so that's why we have this shiny new spoiler forum.

And, you're right, I do think the inability to discuss the "foreshadowing of major events" ,and how "so and so contributes to some action in the future" ,or how a couple of "people are related or share history", makes for a dull thread. I just feel like Malazan as a REread could have so much more depth! I feel like the reread will need a reread to get into the meat of it all. SE discusses so much philosophy....maybe we should get into that?

Unfortunately, I'm moving for the next 2-4 weeks and it is chaos in my life, and reading is not really happening, so I'm not much of a contributor at this time. I can't even remember where I put my coffee down in this mess. ;-)

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 41 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast